LiveAgent provides multiple ways of Chat routing and distribution. You can choose from predefined route options such as: Random Assignment, Ring to all, or Max utilization. To ensure fast and accurate communication, LiveAgent assigns Chats to Agents who've had previous communication with chatting customers.
Chat Routing & Agent Priorities
To ensure fast and accurate communication, LiveAgent assigns Chats to Agents who've had previous communication with chatting customers. Besides random assignment, there are also 3 other options for advanced Chat routing.
- Random Assignment - New Chats will be assigned randomly to one of the Agents available for Chat. This strategy helps you to, on average over time, assign the same amount of Chats to each your Agent.
- Average Utilization - New Chats will be assigned to the Agent with lowest number of running Chats to keep the same utilization of all available Agents. This strategy helps you to load balance number of concurrent Chats between all available Agents.
- Max Utilization - New Chats will be assigned to an Agent with the highest number of running Chats to keep utilization at maximum. Once the Agent has no free chat slots, a new chat request will be routed to next available Agent. This strategy helps you to maximize load for chatting Agents and let other Agents work on offline Tickets.
- Ring-to-all - New Chat will notify all Agents available for chat until one of them answers.
- Priorities - Incoming Chat will be assigned to an online Agent with free Chat slots and with the highest priority (lowest number).
Max chat load
Define the number of Chats an Agent can handle
Chatting Priority of Agent
Setup lower or higher chatting priority for a specific Agent. New Chats will be routed to Agents with the highest priority. (1 - highest, 100 - lowest.)